Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Would you buy this computer case?

What are your opinions in regard to this Antec case?

Antec SUPER LANBOY Silver anodized aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129145

I'm seriously thinking about buying this one. I like the Thermaltake Soprano case but I hate how they have the USB setup at the top of the case. Have you guys even seen them? The cables that lead to the USB ports is right smack in the center of the case blocking larger PSU's unit and possibly the motherboard too. So stupid.

Old 12-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to MeTzenAs
Default Re: Would you buy this computer case?

are you selling it.. or wanting to buy it? I think its pretty cool for the price.

AMD 4000+ w/ san diego core, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 mobo, 1GB of Corsair XMS ddr400, 1GB Rosewill w/ black heat spreaders ddr400, (2GB of RAM total), ATI X850XT Platinum Edition (AGP), 160gb Seagate sata HD, 120gb Western Digital IDE backup drive, Antec smartpower 2.0 450w PSU, Logitech MX 518 expert gaming mouse. Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset
MeTzenAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to Š88

Is that an LED grill or something in the front? That case is pretty ugly IMO, but not to say that it isn't good quality.

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to prosser13

To be honest, it looks butt ugly. If you like the look, it's fine - but only if you wanna take it to loads of LAN parties. If not, get a better case!
prosser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
Golden Master

The strap is ugly and if I were to get it, I would never have it on. Looks too gay. I don't plan on moving it around, but compared to a lot of cases I have seen, this one is decent looking. Not too scary and too bizarre looking. I just hate the fact that this case doesn't come with a side fan. You would think Antec would have one on the side too (maybe a 80 or 90mm fan) because it's a gaming PC, hence LAN Party. But the 2x 120mm fan probably makes up for it as air is directly flowing from front to back. It's got some good and bad points. Or maybe I should go with this:

Thermaltake Soprano VB1000SWS Silver Chassis: 0.8 mm SECC, Front Door: Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133146

Notice that stupid USB cable coming down the center from the top of the case. Man, who designed this case? That's probably the only thing that is bugging me from getting this one. I just hope that a good PSU can fit in there without those stupid cables getting into the way.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:26 PM   #6
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Will

the antec case would look alot cooler in black imo, other than that, its a cool case...
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

Personally, I would get one of these cases: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811144099
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156148
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133131
Old 12-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #8
Baseband Member

Hey if thats what you like. Then Buy it.
xtremecomputers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
The strap is ugly and if I were to get it, I would never have it on. Looks too gay. I don't plan on moving it around, but compared to a lot of cases I have seen, this one is decent looking. Not too scary and too bizarre looking. I just hate the fact that this case doesn't come with a side fan. You would think Antec would have one on the side too (maybe a 80 or 90mm fan) because it's a gaming PC, hence LAN Party. But the 2x 120mm fan probably makes up for it as air is directly flowing from front to back. It's got some good and bad points. Or maybe I should go with this:

Thermaltake Soprano VB1000SWS Silver Chassis: 0.8 mm SECC, Front Door: Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133146

Notice that stupid USB cable coming down the center from the top of the case. Man, who designed this case? That's probably the only thing that is bugging me from getting this one. I just hope that a good PSU can fit in there without those stupid cables getting into the way.
I love that case it looks so sexy!

Mac Pro - 2x 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 4x2gig 800MHz DDR2, 2x 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
Osak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

The usb ports are the same on my case. I did have them just running next to the motherboard underneath the drive cages. Right now though I have them running underneath my motherboard. They havent been a problem for me at all. Im pretty sure they would be long enough to route them where you cant see them and so they are out of the way. I would go with the soprano, I really doubt the usb cables will get in your way.

AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote