Would this work? - Connecting TV and consoles to computer...

Shantei

In Runtime
Right, so as the title says I want to be able to connect up my consoles and Sky Digibox to my computer. So I'll be needing a TV card (for both purposes) .. here's the one I'm looking at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...ace+WinTV-PVR-150+MCE+Kit+Tuner+Card+-+Retail

Now, my Sky Digibox has a Male RF output and naturally the TV card has a TV In port (in the link as a picture, click the second one to the left) which requires a Male COAXIAL (right?) cable, with a female end too for the box.

Now I assume if I had this cable and the right end connectors and connect it up to the card, I'd be able to watch Sky on my computer from there on right?

So now I want to connect my consoles. I thought through the S-Video port (in the picture from the link again) .. So I need to connect my console's SCART cables into an adaptor which will give it an S-Video output. Is that all right? So for example .. this one:

http://www.mindlogic.com/CABLE_SCART_scart2rca-f.shtml

So I'd connect the console SCART to the SCART lead and plug the S-Video into the card and I should be able to play consoles on it from then on aye?

Can someone tell me if this is all OK? I mean, there wouldn't be poor quality much would there? .. Also, if someone can tell me an easier way to do it (preferably with that TV card) than please let me know. Otherwise .. is that OK?

Thanks in advance!

All that kinda sounds confusing, but its not that hard.

What consoles are you gonna hook up? Just plug them into the TV Tuner and it should work.
Same thing on the, what I think its, a satellite receiver or cable box or something, just plug them in into the available ports and it should work just like it would on the TV.

All that kinda sounds confusing, but its not that hard.

What consoles are you gonna hook up? Just plug them into the TV Tuner and it should work.
Same thing on the, what I think its, a satellite receiver or cable box or something, just plug them in into the available ports and it should work just like it would on the TV.

How would I plug them into the TV tuner though? The only available output sources of the console is a SCART cable and the TV tuner doesn't have a SCART input .. I need to change it into one that the TV tuner can take.

I want to plug my Wii and my X-box onto it :)

It needs to be a female scart connector to s-video unfortunately.

As for the previous post .. you'd see why if you saw my television.

So can anyone else confirm that this would work? I mean as long as I can connect the signals from the console to the TV card in some way, it should work right?

Edit: Actually, forget what I previously said. I can get a female to female adaptor to connect my console scart into and that one you showed. Also, those phono plugs on the scart connector I'd plug into the audio ports of the TV card right....?

Back
Top Bottom