Would my Comupter Boot with 4x512 Ram?

Drain You

In Runtime
Someone told me most AMD systems have alot of problems with 4 sticks of ram. I Already have 2x512 Corsair and was gonna pick up more,so would it work?

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2
7600gt
2x512 Corsair Ram
M2N4 SLi Motherboard

Or would getting another gig stick be better, so then Id have 3 sticks?

4x512 would cause the speeds to down clock to ddr333 on amd systems.. I think 2x1gb is the best way to go.

Damn, now im really pissed I bought 2x512 Corsair a month back for my new system. I really woundlnt wanna sell it either cause then id be ramless until the 2x1gb comes in. Seeing as im only 16 I woulndt be able to buy it until I sold the 2x512. Hmmm, how much of a difference would I see if the speeds went down to ddr333

Not much. YOur getting a extra GIG and loosing 77MHz of power. The GIG will more then make up for it.

the 77mhz drop will show itself a lot on the pc. i get much lower benchmark scores when i go from 400 to 333, in games and general useage so imo its not worth the drop. Is that the same for all AMD systems? why is that, sounds weird lol.

Wait, I have 2 x 512mb of DDR2 dual running at 800MHz .. I'm planning on getting another 2x 512mb and I'm running with AMD .. how will it affect it?

Whoa there. I've benchmarked the 4 sticks of RAM. There's no troubles. Whoever told you this is wrong. You can use the 4 sticks of RAM together.

lhuser said:
Whoa there. I've benchmarked the 4 sticks of RAM. There's no troubles. Whoever told you this is wrong. You can use the 4 sticks of RAM together.
Ahh life-saver man.

thought it sounded strange. why else wud they put 4 sockets in? thats good i have 2gb and id like to upgrade eventually to 4gb, so thats nice to know, thanx.

Back
Top Bottom