Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: would this be compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
my 790gx is an insane overclocker too
I didnt mention anything about Crossfire and Overclocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
My 750i gives me great overclocking ability.
The P45 overclocks better than the 750i, and the 750i boards are slightly more than the P45 boards, some people dont have that $10 to spare, like me.

I guess if its a slight OC, then it would be fine. But again, dual graphics cards are for people that are not on a budget, and made for gamers, and more than 2 monitors people. Do we even know what he plans to do with his computer?
__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: would this be compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
If its the same price with the same features, than go for it.
But I never saw an SLI board that can OC well except maybe the X58 boards for Intel. If the customer is sure that they are not going to touch the OC settings, then I guess its alright.
.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
I didnt mention anything about Crossfire and Overclocking.
Or did you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
The P45 overclocks better than the 750i, and the 750i boards are slightly more than the P45 boards, some people dont have that $10 to spare, like me.
This guy might. Sometimes it's not even that much. I've seen plenty of decent SLI boards that cost the same, or less than single card solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
I guess if its a slight OC, then it would be fine. But again, dual graphics cards are for people that are not on a budget, and made for gamers, and more than 2 monitors people. Do we even know what he plans to do with his computer?
I can overclock my Q6600 to 3.6Ghz with a voltage change to 1.4 and putting the FSB at 1600. From 2.4Ghz, that's not exactly a slight overclock. Times are changing. Dual GPU boards are meant for people on a budget. You won't always have to use the second slot when you get it, do you? It's for the people who buy mid ranged cards and want to spend a little bit down the road instead of buying a new expensive card.
__________________

__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18
Default Re: would this be compatible?

thanks guys for the suggestions. Im probably going to go with the sli mobo, but still deciding on the card. I was gonna start out with one and maybe buy another one or upgrade later on. Which would you think would best suit me? I already bought a 600W psu, got a intel core 2 duo 3.0ghz cpu, 4gb ddr2 1066 ram. Trying to keep the budget of the card at 150, but the the gtx260 is really worth it then, go for it. Looking to play some cod4, crysis, etc.

I was lookin into these 2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130468
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130339

and also lookin at this, but i was afraid my 600w psu wouldnt give it enough juice
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130372
G0ldenState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: would this be compatible?

If you can, spend a little extra and get this. It is a fantastic card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143155

It's basically the third card you chose with more power and less costly.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18
Default Re: would this be compatible?

^^ thanks yeah ill go for that card then.
G0ldenState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: would this be compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Or did you?
haha, I dont think I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
I can overclock my Q6600 to 3.6Ghz with a voltage change to 1.4 and putting the FSB at 1600. From 2.4Ghz, that's not exactly a slight overclock.
You gotta remember, just because you can do it, doesnt mean he can do it. I dont hear much stories of any nVidia motherboard OC as good as the good AMD/Intel chipsets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Dual GPU boards are meant for people on a budget. You won't always have to use the second slot when you get it, do you? It's for the people who buy mid ranged cards and want to spend a little bit down the road instead of buying a new expensive card.
I think your definition of people on a budget is different than mine. Like when I get an midrange for about $100 - $150, and when I do get enough money for the second one, theres already a new series of cards thats better than doing SLI, and its not as hard to find. Yes, times are changing, which means graphics cards comes out fast too.
Like some people would recommend me getting another $50 to get the GTX 260 216 instead of SLI'ing my 8800GT.
When I mean budget, I mean people that doesnt have money to spare, mainly the people that makes average lower class wage.

EDIT - We should probably stop disagreeing with each other on this topic, shouldnt really get off topic. You can respond back to my responses if you want.
__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
wol-va-rine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,104
Default Re: would this be compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ldenState View Post
thanks guys for the suggestions. Im probably going to go with the sli mobo, but still deciding on the card. I was gonna start out with one and maybe buy another one or upgrade later on. Which would you think would best suit me? I already bought a 600W psu, got a intel core 2 duo 3.0ghz cpu, 4gb ddr2 1066 ram. Trying to keep the budget of the card at 150, but the the gtx260 is really worth it then, go for it. Looking to play some cod4, crysis, etc.

I was lookin into these 2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130468
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130339

and also lookin at this, but i was afraid my 600w psu wouldnt give it enough juice
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130372
a good 600w psu should be able to handle any single video card system...
__________________

__________________
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0