brandon17

Baseband Member
Processor-AMD Athlon(tm)II x4 630 2.80 GHz
RAM-4.00 GB
Manufacturer-Cyberpower
Power supply-ATX-TL450W 20+4Pin +12v rails=2
Graphics card-Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit
operating system-windows 7 64-bit

I have a picture of the inside if that helps, i really need help any would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to go a little over moderate like playing battlefield 4 on the pc when it comes out. Should i just get a new power supply? if so what would you recommend?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Heres a picture of my mother board
Image codes: 20130102 144906

i will guess your system on idle are gonna be using 180W, but that's still making a 40% load on the PSU at minimum.

you are properly thinking: do I need more then say a 300W PSU (power-supply) if my system only uses 300W when gaming? the answer to that is Yes. you should not put more then 80% load on a PSU and the lower % you use, the more power efficient your PSU are operating. Also it will produce less heat and noise.

Last edited:
i think it will work fine enough. but i rather get a new PSU before getting that GPU. besides that CPU is also getting old... and that motherboard..... and you are talking about playing the next battlefield.. good luck with that.

Don't cheap out on a power supply. The off brand ones are usually horrible quality and can take out your whole system when they die. You can usually get a lower end corsair for around $50. I suggest you do that.

And if you have the apevia psu that was linked above, the answer to the original question is no. That does not provide 450 watts on the 12v rail, or anything close to that really. It might work for a little while but it's going to be running way outside normal spec which can cause all kinds of issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom