Worthless or NO?

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hey,

I got a Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop from a friend of mine and i just have a couple of questions. As of now the laptop does not want to start i was wondering if that is caused by the system having no hard drive and ram? id like to get this laptop working again im just not sure if i buy ram and a hard drive will it start up? No lights turn on or anything while i have it plug in with a power adapter. I opened it up to make sure nothing else was missing and the CPU is still there.

Let me know guys

Thanks.

Even without RAM it should start up but it won't get passed POST. It would likely start beeping at you angrily.

That's an oldie there alright if you go by the parts list at the link here showing 100mhz dimms iwith the largest being a 256mb! http://bay-wolf.com/parts_insp2500.htm

The cpu could be toast, the board may have a fault there other then the cpu, or the battery that maintains the cmos information may be doa preventing anything from powering up. The old memory is getting harder to find while some places still stock the old stuff for a steep price when found.

Back
Top Bottom