Is it worth it?

tkey912

Baseband Member
The specs for my computer...
intel core 2 duo e7400 2.6
4 gigs of corsair 1066 dual channel
nvidia gefore 260 gtx video card
xfx 750i mobo

my question... Is is worth it to go sli with the 260 gtx video card ive heard mixed answers and i just want to know your opinions?

I think it would be worth it.

I think most developer have two graphics cards when they make games

The specs for my computer...
intel core 2 duo e7400 2.6
4 gigs of corsair 1066 dual channel
nvidia gefore 260 gtx video card
xfx 750i mobo

my question... Is is worth it to go sli with the 260 gtx video card ive heard mixed answers and i just want to know your opinions?

The GTX260 is a great graphics card, be sure to grab the Core 216 version.
Evga GTX 260 Core 216

I like the Core2Duo's but I would get an E8400 because of the 6Mb L2 cache (and 45nm arch)

im at work right now but if i remember correctly its a 650w fatal1ty power supply. I already know that i will have to pick a new one up to support sli wiht the 260. Mine wont have enough 6 pin connectors seeing as how it only has 2. And you said i should pick up a different proccesor?

Yea my last rig was amd and it ran fine but the only problem i find with amd is that thye run really hot. But it is for gaming. I keep hearing mention of the e8400 intel, but is quad core really worth it are there really any games out that need it?

I would go AMD, but I always go AMD.
Quad core would be a lot better. I'm assuming this is a gaming rig.

He already has the computer this thread is about Going SLI not about his processor...:D:D

@ OP what Size monitor do you have?
What Games do you play?
Also if you do go SLI you are probably going to find that your CPU is holding you back at the stock speed. Have you ever done any overclocking?

Yea my last rig was amd and it ran fine but the only problem i find with amd is that thye run really hot. But it is for gaming. I keep hearing mention of the e8400 intel, but is quad core really worth it are there really any games out that need it?

At the moment, not really, but you will get a performance boost. If you plan on keeping this for a while or playing the newest games, go quad.

Since AMD switched to 45nm, they actually run pretty cool now. Plus, they come with a somewhat decent cooler.

The new phenom 2's beat the i7 in gaming benches. You should at least consider it.

Doh!
I didn't see that you already had the computer.

In that case, yeah, the SLI is worth it, unless you want to buy an x2 card or something.

Frst the monitor right now im useing an old 18 inch box hahaha i want to buy a new monitor but would like to getthe rig going good first. As far as games go really anything im playing oblivion, fear, crysis. and as far as overclocking i heard that the pcu i have is really easy to overclock but in my bios i go to the overclocking function which is j1oc and it doesnt let me change anything.

Back
Top Bottom