Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #11
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

It isnt going to be my biggest game those were just examples based on graphics. I will play a variety of demanding games, war thunder, elder scrolls, etc. Large open world games with impressive graphics.. Anything. I am trying to aim for a system which isnt likely to limit me in games i can play on highest settings. I may still need to upgrade some things i dont know but that will be done in the future. Theres no such thing as overkill with gaming. Why just get minimum necessary when you can build a system that can handle games with room to spare and therefore prepared for more near future releases?
__________________

CallumK91 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
jmacavali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,867
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumK91 View Post
Why just get minimum necessary when you can build a system that can handle games with room to spare and therefore prepared for more near future releases?
Because most of us have a budget and are trying to go as cheap as possible.

But if you aren't worried about that, then go for it. Nice build.
__________________

__________________
****************************************
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
****************************************
jmacavali is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #13
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Because most of us have a budget and are trying to go as cheap as possible.

But if you aren't worried about that, then go for it. Nice build.
Yeah i know that but i hadnt stated a budget and obviously as im posting that as my planned build it was not exceeding budget. I am not budgeting as if necessary i will build all of the pc minus the graphics card so i have a working pc using onboard graphics and get the card at a later date. However if the build is about 1000 then i should be able to do it all at once.
CallumK91 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumK91 View Post
It isnt going to be my biggest game those were just examples based on graphics. I will play a variety of demanding games, war thunder, elder scrolls, etc. Large open world games with impressive graphics.. Anything. I am trying to aim for a system which isnt likely to limit me in games i can play on highest settings. I may still need to upgrade some things i dont know but that will be done in the future. Theres no such thing as overkill with gaming. Why just get minimum necessary when you can build a system that can handle games with room to spare and therefore prepared for more near future releases?
Those are no where as near as intense as Crysis 3. Crysis 3 is by far the game with the best graphics to date
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #15
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
Those are no where as near as intense as Crysis 3. Crysis 3 is by far the game with the best graphics to date
Then why did you say "if crysis 3 is going to be the biggest game you'll be playing" for? -_- I won't be ABLE to play a bigger game. My point still stands regardless. I'm not going to go for minimum build necessary I'm going to go for the extra I can afford. And the beauty of PC's is that if I cannot afford right now, I'll just upgrade at a later date.
CallumK91 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumK91 View Post
Then why did you say "if crysis 3 is going to be the biggest game you'll be playing" for? -_- I won't be ABLE to play a bigger game. My point still stands regardless. I'm not going to go for minimum build necessary I'm going to go for the extra I can afford. And the beauty of PC's is that if I cannot afford right now, I'll just upgrade at a later date.
Out of the ones you mentioned and Crysis 3 is the biggest one OUT but GTA V or Mafia III might top it slightly. And the point still stands, a 780 is way overkill. A 770 is by NO means minimum, it's in fact pretty decent
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
Out of the ones you mentioned and Crysis 3 is the biggest one OUT but GTA V or Mafia III might top it slightly. And the point still stands, a 780 is way overkill
Sigh.

1. I gave EXAMPLES. I have explained this already. Just because I list some examples, that doesn't mean that's it. A list of EXAMPLES means, a few out of many. I am just listing some that come to mind that I know are demanding.
I don't know what is more demanding as it's very difficult to tell with games sometimes. For EXAMPLE, my current laptop can run Castlevania 2 on Medium graphics which looks amazing, but it cannot run Resident Evil 4 HD on lowest settings, yet Castlevania is much more graphically impressive than RE4HD. I don't understand why it runs Castlevania but not RE4HD.

2. I think the point that you're saying that it's the biggest OUT is pointless, as I have already stated, I am wanting to prepare for future releases. Why purchase a 250 graphics card that is just enough to run current titles, when you will potentially be required to go and purchase a 350 card to play some new titles within the next year? Why not just save 250 and purchase the 350 from the beginning if you can afford to?

3. There's no such thing as overkill, unless I was to say I was only planning on playing The Stick Of Truth... or Fallout 1. I am playing demanding titles, therefore having some extra power is going to mean my PC is able to handle it easier, and therefore not get as heated, and generally just perform better.

In conclusion, I am purchasing the system I wish to purchase that I am able to afford, I am asking advice on the components regarding compatibility and quality, and suggestions for any better components and reasons why. I am not asking for someone to tell me to downgrade because they cannot comprehend that I am purchasing a graphics card slightly better than I need right now, as I wish to be able to just play future titles and not be required to buy yet another card.
CallumK91 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #18
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Working out a gaming build, AMD or Intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumK91 View Post
Sigh.

1. I gave EXAMPLES. I have explained this already. Just because I list some examples, that doesn't mean that's it. A list of EXAMPLES means, a few out of many. I am just listing some that come to mind that I know are demanding.
I don't know what is more demanding as it's very difficult to tell with games sometimes. For EXAMPLE, my current laptop can run Castlevania 2 on Medium graphics which looks amazing, but it cannot run Resident Evil 4 HD on lowest settings, yet Castlevania is much more graphically impressive than RE4HD. I don't understand why it runs Castlevania but not RE4HD.

2. I think the point that you're saying that it's the biggest OUT is pointless, as I have already stated, I am wanting to prepare for future releases. Why purchase a 250 graphics card that is just enough to run current titles, when you will potentially be required to go and purchase a 350 card to play some new titles within the next year? Why not just save 250 and purchase the 350 from the beginning if you can afford to?

3. There's no such thing as overkill, unless I was to say I was only planning on playing The Stick Of Truth... or Fallout 1. I am playing demanding titles, therefore having some extra power is going to mean my PC is able to handle it easier, and therefore not get as heated, and generally just perform better.

In conclusion, I am purchasing the system I wish to purchase that I am able to afford, I am asking advice on the components regarding compatibility and quality, and suggestions for any better components and reasons why. I am not asking for someone to tell me to downgrade because they cannot comprehend that I am purchasing a graphics card slightly better than I need right now, as I wish to be able to just play future titles and not be required to buy yet another card.
First of all you can't "down grade" if you don't have the computer.............. Second of all, if you are going to post something here, you have to be open minded about what we say. Obviously if you're posting here then you aren't confident in your own knowledge so you came to us. Do what you want, it makes me no difference, but I can't stand to see someone by something for performance and not get to use everything that they bought. I've said this before, but over kill on a GPU is like shooting a Chicken with an Elephant gun, there's no point.
__________________

__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0