Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Wooohooo lol running on a 4gb hdd here and gateway 2000 lmao

OH man this is the most like ghetto thing ever but it may be the only way i can save myself. So my mom has this extremely old computer apparently it was supposed to be all nice and whatever but apparently not as it says it has a 40k ram? lol and a few expansions with label M? like 20m expansion ram... yeah... its amazing it even works here. Anyways its strange how it works i boot in as Gateway 2000 then windows xp home edition version like 1998-2001 or something like that takes over. So im really confused here... but anyways the whole point to this was that i am going to add my 20gb Barracuda ATA IV harddrive numbers are ST320011A can someone tell me whats so special about this hard drive as i looked it up and it costs 51 dollars for only 20gbs space... thats quite a bit when i saw a terabyte hard drive for 80... Also the fan has appeared to have died so i took a motor from a servo like hitec 55 or something and attached a little prop to it, thats keepin me cool lol its attached to a charger for now.. but yeah this is so old, and i would think that it has alot of ram as it has like 3 ram look a like chips... they are like 1in by 6-8in? covered in PIC microprocessors i think... oh i guess the computer is gateway 2000 but yeah so i guess after i fix this up abit more im going to see if i can run this hard drive and fix my second hard drive... run the second as a slave and scan the crap out of it.

GreenAce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Default Re: Wooohooo lol running on a 4gb hdd here and gateway 2000 lmao

O yeah. I remember that one. I have one in my closet. I don't even remember where I got it, but it weighs a TON.

Mine has so little RAM, I couldn't find an OS that would run on it. Why would you want to do anything with it?
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote