won't boot

wahowee

Baseband Member
please help me. i have aony viao PCG-7A2L.
about a couple of months since it started acting up. not able to turn it on but after leaving it for about 15 mins with the charger plugged in it seems to fix it self and i could be able to boot it.
last night it wont boot at all. i already tried the things that i could find on the net like take off the battery and press the power button for 30 sec then plug the charger with out the battery but still to no avail. also tried switching the rams but still it won't power up. please help me. :confused:

The possibilities are very broad. Faulty power supply, intermittent internal B+ components, etc.

Start by trying another power supply, and see if that resolves the issue.

Hameister is right, you could also check the voltage is correct with a multi meter and see if there is a break in the lead and the voltage drops, the other possibilities are RAM and prosessor none of which can be rulled out good new is the data is safe.

any help needed let us know and we will try and help you

Regards

Hameister is right, you could also check the voltage is correct with a multi meter and see if there is a break in the lead and the voltage drops, the other possibilities are RAM and prosessor none of which can be rulled out good new is the data is safe.

any help needed let us know and we will try and help you

Regards

thanks for the reply sir. that would be trying a different battery pack right?

thanks for the reply sir. that would be trying a different battery pack right?

No, not a different battery, a different power supply brick. One that you know is working perfectly.

Plug the power supply into the power input jack, WITHOUT the battery installed. If the laptop works fine, you know you have a bad power supply. If you continue to have the same issue, then you need to get inside that laptop, and check out the B+ circuit.

If you're uncomfortable doing that, you need to take it to a qualified technician.

yes get a new power brick and try that if you do not know how to test with a multimeter, again like Hameister said you need to open up the laptop and if you are not confiedent in doing so take it to someone this is trained in laptop repairs.

if you need support youtube the model and put something like removing the motherboard of a model ect

hope this helps

Kind Regards

+1^

I've attached a photo of a laptop that I repaired a couple of months ago. If this makes your stomach queezy, then don't even attempt it.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom