Wondering if memory upgrade is worth the money.

Mr_enoch

Beta member
First things first.

i love my netbook. i enjoy the nice portable size and the ease of use and just love it overall.

my specs for the netbook are as follows.

Processor. Intel(R) Atom cpu n450 @1.66GHz 1.67Ghz

Installed memory 1 gig

32 bit os.

and windows 7 ultimate.

i have no problems with my netbook but am just curious if upgrading to 2 gig or 4 gig will actaully make a difference speed wise considering the processor is only 1.66 GHz.

ohh and the ram type is DDR2 PC2-5300.

also does anybody know if it is possible to have maybe 8 gigs of ram in a netbook?

thanks in advance for the help folks.

Most of the netbooks that I've seen only support 1 or 2 GB of RAM. What make and model is your netbook?

If you can upgrade your memory then i would... More Memory will help a lot with multi tasking etc, switching between programs, But looking at your laptop spec you may not be able to upgrade to much, If you post make and model we can tell you what it can support..

Your Aspire One (532h) System Specs

Scan Id: 18076CB131D926C3
Memory:
DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300

Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 2GB
Currently Installed Memory: 1GB
Total Memory Slots: 1
Available Memory Slots: 0

but i believe it is stating that only on the basis that it assumes my acer netbook has windows 7 starter which i do not think will recognize 4 gig.

fdgvsrth.jpg

I went and spoke with one of my local techs and he told me in all honesty he is not sure if there is going to be a difference between 2 and 4 gig because of the low end proc speed.

can any of you guys validate that statement or agree with it?

yea it wouldnt be much to goto 2 gb in that thing and then if you ever need it you would have it.

Back
Top Bottom