WMP 11 doesn't play DVD's

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
i thought WMP 11 was supposed to Play DVD's? I tired, but it said "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer." I went to the web help site and it said "If you are running Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Business, or Windows XP, you must install a compatible MPEG-2 decoder (also known as a DVD decoder) before continuing with the following activities: Playing a DVD, Playing a recorded TV show, and Playing video files that were encoded with the MPEG-2 codec." I had nero, but i uninstalled it because i am supposed to be getting Vista Business edition, and the vista advisor tool said nero was incompatable with it. i guess i'll have to reinstall nero unless anyone has any other ideas because once i get vista business (which i'm getting for free or i'd get the home version) i apparently wont be able to use the nero plug in to watch dvds.

one tip, never use Beta or alpha OS's, too risky, i once used linux, wiped my hard drive coz it was beta, dont ask how!

actually WMP11 has been officially released....

as for the codec issue. I just put nero on there and it worked fine so something along those lines shoiuld fix it. I thought my PC was broken or something but it was just that I needed a DVD codec or whatever which nero came with.

Back
Top Bottom