witch ram module is a better deal?

The Crucial RAM is higher quality. It's timings are 4-4-4-12, where the A-Data's are 5-5-5-18. Lower timings = better performance.

The Crucial RAM will overclock farther because it contains better quality chips, and it runs at a higher voltage rating.

Also, the Crucial RAM has some fancy LEDs.

Basically, as long as you're not a very hardcore overclocker or system enthusiast, the Crucial RAM wouldn't be worth it.

I've heard that some of the Ballistix Tracer modules have a pretty high failure rate, you might want to check out this thread...

[H]ard|Forum

there's a new revision out, but the modules you listed are the old part number, the new modules' part numbers end in 80A, the 804 modules have given some people unwanted headaches (RMAs, BSODs, etc.)...

here's a quote from the thread I linked above...

"Man, my sig-rig is down because of those friggin' Crucial Ballistix. They ran decent for about 2 months and then just crap out. Just sucks. I mean, if it were just one bad stick out of a thousand I could understand but from reading online it sounds like its all of them. I don't think I've ever read about RAM this notoriously bad. I'm waiting on an RMA right now, I hope they send me something else or I can get credit. Not interested in anything else they have to offer at this point. I'm thinking of going with OCZ."

for now I'd just stay on the safe side and go with the ADATA or one of the options that Atomic Rooster linked, I've never had a problem with either brand and haven't read of many issues online, anyway, none of the memory listed so far is on the QVL for that board so there are no guarantees...

Back
Top Bottom