wirelss connection disappeared. replaced with network sharing center.

mesuzmo

Solid State Member
Hi,

My wireless connections was running perfectly for a year or so. But yesterday i woke up and the system had completely changed.I usually had wirelss connections down the bottom right hand side of the screen available. It gave a list of wireless connections plus my own wifi. Now that seems to be gone and i have a network and sharing center in its place.

looks like this

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/sites/default/files/gdrive/net_share_center/network_sharing_center_0

were it used to look like this

http://www.technorms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/7-wireless-connections-available.png

i am no longer able to connect to my wifi or have option to do so.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

I have found the problem. My wireless button was not on on my laptop.:hide:
Well thats embarrassing!

One another note, the same thing happened to my desktop when i left it into the shop to get a new windows 7. it had the wireless connections available but when i got it back it was the sharing center. Is there a wireless button on a desktop or is it a little more complicated to get the wireless available back on a desktop?

Thanks again.

It depends. If your desktop has an onboard wireless card then there could be a keyboard combination to turn it off and on. Most desktops do not have onboard wireless capabilities and they would either use a plug in PCI daughter board or a USB wireless dongle. These can be turned on and off in device manager. Actually it is called enable or disable a device. You need to check that your wireless capability is there and if it is then it needs to enabled. Of course the wireless device itself may have gone faulty.

I am assuming that the shop did put the appropriate Windows 7 device drivers on for your wireless device.

It may have been disabled in the system bios as well. Check there if you don't find it in the device manager.

Back
Top Bottom