Wireless streaming PC to TV

stefan-west1

Baseband Member
Hi all I was wondering if it's possible to have my PC up in the spare room but be able to use it on any tv in the house. I could use lots of really long HDMI cables but ideally I'd like to be able to stream it all wirelessly. As far as using a mouse and keyboard I am currently using hipporemote on my ipad to use the computer when in bed without having to try and balance a keyboard on my lap aha.

If it's possible a couple more questions:

A. Would I be able to have different programs on different TVs. I.e. If I was playing battlefield on the living room TV, could the mrs use Facebook on the bedroom TV? Assuming the Pc is powerful enough?

B. does anyone know of a gaming controller that would work wirelessly over a large distance from a spare bedroom to downstairs in the living room? I'm not a fan of using keyboards for gaming and don't think the xbox controller I currently use would have enough range?

Thanks for any help!

I got a Chromecast for Christmas, but I believe the computer must be within 20 feet of the TV and receiver for it to have a signal. Other than that, unless you have Smart TVs, I'm not sure how you could achieve your goal without running hdmi or VGA cables everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom