Wireless Router *URGENT*

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Wireless Router [Delete this thread]

I have a linksys wireless router, a linksys signal booster, and a linksys instantg wireless network adaptor for my dell inspiron 8100.

I am trying to set up the laptop for wireless internet. I have the router connected by a network cable to my cable modem (yes the cable is in the port labeled internet/wan. currently i have the router hooked up to my computer using another cable, thats plugged into port 1 on the router so i can access the internet, just not wirelessly.

as far as the manual tells me the next step is that the wireless network adaptor should detect a wireless signal, and an icon should appear in the bottom right corner in the system tray. lo' and behold no icon, no wireless signal. whenever i pull out the cable running from the router to my computer, i lose internet and everything goes poo. can anyone help me with setting up this wireless connection? It's urgent.

EDIT: I figured the problem out, becausei didnt have a wep key enabled it thought the connection was insecure, therefore didnt want me to connect to it. I couldn't find a way around this and i really wanted to just be able to use mac address filtering but i guess windows doesnt like this.

If a moderator deleted this thread that would be greatly appreciated, unless that moderator feels that leaving this here adds to the forum archives.

Back
Top Bottom