Wireless Printer

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
okay i have a wireless-G network setup in my house
and my laptop can send any printable document to a printer out in the family room which is connected to another pc
and i was wondering if there was some way that i could have another wireless printer but not connected to any pc
so basicly just have a wireless-G adapter connected to a printer, and the printer plugged in?
is that even possible?

with the right printer yes its possible, i have a canon mp600 and with the right adaptor (dont need it so havent got one) u can have 802.11g 54mbps wireless on it

You can get a print server hooked up to your printer. They come in USB adapters, but still has to be connected to the main PC for it to work. But, you can use your other PCs, laptops, etc. to print from anywhere in the house, or even outside if you're within range.

there are printers that have LAN ports on them, so all you would need to do it hard-wire it to your router.

possibly. I think i've seen a wireless print server or two that didn't require a connection to any computer.

Sorry, this is kind of a bump for me.. I will have the answer by the end of the day (I want to be able to find the post :) ) I have to go for now though.

I believe the answer is yes.

Back
Top Bottom