Wireless PCI Card problem?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I've got a Netgear WG311 v3 Wireless PCI card, and the other day I restarted my computer, now the device manager says the device cannot start and it simply doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail. Sometimes when I boot up, the device will start but will just hang when trying to find wireless networks, other times it will just say device cannot start. Is there anything i'm forgetting to try?? I would like to try it in another computer but thats not an option at the moment, and it's getting annoying having to do everything with my laptop!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Take it out and put it back in. That happened to me once. Make sure Window's wireless connection is off. You may have accidentally enabled it. The 2 would conflict.

Yeah tried the latest drivers..
Take it out and put it back in. That happened to me once. Make sure Window's wireless connection is off. You may have accidentally enabled it. The 2 would conflict.

Tried that last night, actually I swapped it to another PCI slot, still didn't work. Now this is the annoying thing, I added some new RAM about 2 weeks ago, but one of them failed on me today, so I took it out...booted up and BAM, wireless works again. Bit weird eh, but it's working perfectly now!

Thanks guys

Tried that last night, actually I swapped it to another PCI slot, still didn't work. Now this is the annoying thing, I added some new RAM about 2 weeks ago, but one of them failed on me today, so I took it out...booted up and BAM, wireless works again. Bit weird eh, but it's working perfectly now!

Thanks guys

Great to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom