Wireless Network Problems

BarePaw

Solid State Member
I just set up my wireless network last week. Last night my room mate told me that he couldn't get onto ours with his laptop, just our neighbors. The other network was unsecured and the name was the brand of router that we had. I had secured and renamed our network. When I tried to get into the router through my desktop to look at the settings, it wouldn't accept my username and password. The router is on and functional. I can get onto the internet with my desktop computer that is hardwired through it. Any idea what is going on? How can I reset the settings so I can get back into it again?

First off Linksys all the way, just had to get that off.

Anyways make sure you try admin, admin just incase something happened and it reset the password. If not you can always try pressing the reset button and holding for 15 seconds, and then release. Then unplug for another 15 seconds just to make sure. If that dose not work, then you can always just update the firmware and for most brand of routers that knocks the password back to defult (and username)

Ok, just reset the router..

At the back, there should be a tiny little pin hole, hold this down, (while the router is still on) hold it down, with a pin, for 15 seconds, and wollah, router is back to factory settings..

What make router is it? Welcome to the forums..

joxley1990 said:
Ok, just reset the router..

At the back, there should be a tiny little pin hole, hold this down, (while the router is still on) hold it down, with a pin, for 15 seconds, and wollah, router is back to factory settings..

What make router is it? Welcome to the forums..

The one problem with that is some models/makes of the routers is that the reset button only reset port forwarding, dmz, and so on and restrict from reseting the password. For security purposes...

Most home routers just reset the whole thing, if I knew the make, I could say whether it resets everything..

Thanks. This is the first one I've used and it didn't come with instructions. Apparently, it reset itself. I tried admin and it worked. I don't know why it would have done that. We must have had an outage or something. Thanks.

BarePaw said:
Thanks. This is the first one I've used and it didn't come with instructions. Apparently, it reset itself. I tried admin and it worked. I don't know why it would have done that. We must have had an outage or something. Thanks.

Admin
Admin
IS power :lol

Anyways could you still state the Company, and model? Just for future refrence for others :)

If ya changed ya settings then didnt save them, and had a powercut it would normally set it back to default

Back
Top Bottom