Wireless N Internet Problem... Network works, Internet Doesn't??

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone!

We used to have a regular old Linksys G Range Router (wireless) installed in our business. No PCs connected wirelessly to it, about 10 were hardwired to it and all worked fine. We never used the wireless from it, but we bought an adapter one day and it picked up the signal at about 10% strength, but it still ran!

So we wanted a better connection, so we replaced that router with a Linksys N Range Router, and bought several N Range USB adapters. So we have installed the adapters with the drivers and all, and it lets me connect to the router with 90% signal, and once I do this, it allows me to access the router (192.168.1.1), but it won't let me use the internet. Opening firefox (google homepage) just sits there loading forever and doesn't load a page. Email won't connect either. Weird thing is, all of the other 10 computers that are hardwired to the router (it has a bigger splitter connected to it), still run fine with internet and everything! So only wireless is the problem...

Router: LINKSYS WRT300N
Adapter: LINKSYS WUSB300N
Using: XP Config Util, saying it connected to the wireless network correctly.

Any ideas...?

Shudown every computer that is connecting wirelessly. Once they are shutdown, un-plug the router from power, then the Modem for the internet from power. Wait atleast a minute. Plug the Modem back into power and wait for the link/sync light to come on. Once that light comes on, plug the router into power and wait for the internet, LAN, and WAN (if if exists) lights to come on. Then power on all the wireless computer. Normally this fixes the problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom