wireless monitoring

I would use a program to block certain sites, but I wouldn't freely monitor what they are doing, as that shows you don't trust them.
That said, I would check on them, but just not without them knowing.

There is a program that I use called Network Assistant and you install it on each computer in your network, it shows the name of each pc and what they are viewing and the os as well. You can take remote screen shots and see processes that the pc is running. You can even kill processes and such. Check it out.

To all the people who don't want their parents seeing what they do on the net......If you don't want your parents seeing it, then you must be doing something wrong. I think parents have every right to see what their kids are doing.

If someone has kids and they want to keep their kids from doing inappropriate things on the internet, then they should put the pc in a family room, don't let your kids have a pc in their bedroom where they can close the door.

What I think is, you should trust your children to a certain extent. At 12, I didn't even think to go on sites purposely that would have been harmful to me.

Yes, get a program installed on their PC to physically stop the sites themselves at their roots, but don't go and install a program to watch them, knowing that they can still access those bad sites. Whats the point of that?

Its like your waiting for your child to screw up, and start surfing them.

id personally just stop her from deleting the history. if something worrying shows up there then thats when you should take action.
if your child is sensible then give them a bit of trust. chances are they will obide by your rules, and if they dont then you should monitor them all the time. i respect my parents and their rules far more when they respect me back/trust me on things.
just remember that proxies are out there, and she could discover how to use them, and its very hard to block them all.
its a dark and dangerous place on the internet, but if she really really wanted to look at something, then im sure she would find a way to do it no matter what you did anyway (a friends house maybe, etc).
if you feel you can trust her then please do so. even if she is only 12 theres no need to treat her like a baby. just see how it goes.
ultra vnc is a good program if you did want to try. besides, its always good having that program on all your computers if you need to view/control them for any reason

there is a usb i heard about a while ago , it looks like an ordenary usb that just sits in the back of the computer but it doesnt come up in my computer but it wrights down every site that your daughter goes on/

oh and as dudese said, proxys theres millions of the and theres no way to block them. lucky there really slow so most people dont use them

I would say compromise, and use a program that blocks certain websites or keywords. I know some routers have this built into them

Back
Top Bottom