Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
Baseband Member
The[J]oker's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 33
Red face Wireless internet question.

Hey guys, I've got a small question I'd like to ask about wireless and routers.

So far I have a Netgear router that's pretty far from my computer, so the connectivity is pretty low.

I'd like to know if I can config another router closer to my computer to pick up that Netgear wireless connection and broadcast it again. This would increase the connectivity on my computer. If so, what is this called under the routers GUI and how would I go about doing this?


Why so serious!?
The[J]oker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
In Runtime
Verbatim47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 279
Default Re: Wireless internet question.

It's called bridging or "bridge connections" If you are looking to extend a wireless network Netgear offers a product to do just that.


It extends a network without having the need for another router or bridge connection.

You may also find other products related to this field, I am just sticking to brand. You may also pick one up on eBay or Amazon much cheaper than that.
“If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.”

Reliable Online Backup? Click Here!
Verbatim47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0