Wireless Internet Problem

rohan23

Fully Optimized
My family has a 5MB cable internet connection. We hooked it up to a wireless router. It is shared between 2 computers. One is mine and the other is my sister's computer. She lives on the top floor of the house and I stay in the basement. I only get a top speed of 500kB/s. How can I increase this speed without using a hard wire? Will a booster benefit my problem in anyway?

Your internet is 5MBPS, which is equal to 625kb/s, so you're pretty much getting the max speed that you're supposed to get.

I agree with "drumthrasher". Most times you will not get the exact speed as advertised. When downloading large files there are software programs referred to as "Download Managers". Download managers to me really do not boost your internet speed but allows you to get a much higher throughput speed than downloading just from the web browser for some websites.

Whats your opinion?
http://pcomputeropinions.blogspot.com/

Yeah, like they said, you're pretty muich maxed out. Also keep in mind though taht download speeds will vary depending on line traffic in your area, and the upload speed/traffic at the server you are downloading from.

Back
Top Bottom