Wireless connection

The Power

Daemon Poster
I am not sure if this was in the right forum, please move it if it isnt, THNX :D
I recently got a new computer and it is connected via a network card. Is there anyway I can wirelessly recieve files from my other computer??? I dont want to use cds because i have gigs of memory i want to transfer. Help would be appreciated :)

Yes, I believe you can. You need to make the files you want to transfer "shared files". Right-click the file/folder you want to share and click sharing and security, then a window should pop up. A little farther than halfway down is something that says "Network Setup Wizard". Another thing below it is another link, which you can use as well. I would use the network setup wizard and see where that gets you, though. Then, I believe you can map the file/folder so that your other computer on your network can access it, and you can get the files. It might take a while, but you won't waste any CD's.

If you have a re-writeable DVD or something, though, I'd use that. It'd be a lot easier. :D

Back
Top Bottom