Wireless button not lit and not connecting to internet

fireranger

Beta member
Hiya

my computer (Sony Vaio VGN-NR10E/S) was wrking fine the day before yesterday. But then yesterday for some reason the wireless button on my laptop wudnt lit and I cudnt get it to connect to internet. But the device manager was working as i tried it on different computer. I tried using ethernet cable and it worked fine. But i wanted it to wrk wireless. On the internet i found the following advice for a similar problem, which is as follows:

"
This method will hard reset the wireless drivers back to default settings, but before you perform this remove power from the modem and router for 2 minutes reconnect power and wait another 2 minutes for them to settle down.

What i want you to do is right click "computer" select "manage" and then "device manager", a list will populate, then click on the + sign next to "network adapters" and right click on the wireless adapter and "uninstall" the device, reboot the PC and wait for windows to detect the wireless card and install the drivers for it, this will appear in the system tray (bottom right hand side) when its done try to connect again.
"

This worked perfectly, but the thing is everytime i shut my computer down and strt again i have to repeat the process. is there ne solution to this???

Please help

I would go to the manufacturer's website (in this case Sony) and search for drivers. Then find the make/model of the laptop and download an updated driver for your wireless card. See if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom