Wired problem with my PC

Josephe

Solid State Member
Hello everybody!
I have a very wired issue with my pc.The computer is running smoothly and fast then suddenly freezing and I cant do anything just wait a couple minutes while it comes back again.I have tried to play Battlefield 3 and this is the same the computer is freezing or shuts down.I tried everything to sort out the problem with the best of my knowledge but it is not enough.So now I need your help because I dont know what to do next.
Things what I have already tried:
1) I have tested my memory modules with Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest---no errors found
2) Disconected DVD drive and external HDD
3)My CPU is overclocked from stock 2.4 Ghz to 3Ghz and the memory modules are running on 5-5-5-15 2T timings.Did checked temps the cpu is running on 46 C on 100% load the GPU is 70 C when playing Battlefield 3.Tried to restore default settings but it makes no difference.
4) Test HDD for bad sectors or errors
My config is:MSI P7N Sli Platinum - mobo
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz overclock 3Ghz
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066Mhz
MSI GeForce 8800 Ultra 768 MB DDR3 384-bit
250 GB WD HDD 7200 rpm + 500 GB external HDD
Power + PSU 750W 54A
If you have any ideas I appreciate every little help.
Thank You!

Not to be the grammar police, but you meant weird not wired as those are 2 very different words and I was a little confused at first.

Ok, so what other programs are running? Check task manager and see whats running. Antivirus? Downloading anything? Something running at startup that shouldn't be?
How often does this happen? Does it happen when you are doing something specific or is it just random or based on the time of day or any patterns we can put with it?

I had a similar problem like this years ago where the computer would freeze for about 10 seconds then resume normally and this would always happen about every 5 minutes.
Drove me nuts for a few weeks until I discovered the problem.
I had a printer & desktop scanner in a daisy chain connection to PC.
It turned out to be a compatibility issue with these two devices connected to each other..... When I set a parallel switch between these it solved my problem.

Now in your case what hardware have you added last to the PC before this issue happened or what software?
It also could be hardware driver corruption or a dodgy video card.

Re: Weird problem with my PC

Sorry for my english and thanks for your replys.
I have not to many programs running in the task manager.Just the antivirus software(bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012),Windows desktop manager, Windows Explorer, Nvidia Settings, Audio Manager, Windows host process..
This is all.I have tried to disable the antivirus as well but it wont help.I have even bought the Tune360 system diagnostic software to check my pc but it found only a couple of junk files in my system and I have deleted them.
The system just freezing anytime during using my pc or when I try to play any game is the worst.Then from three attempts twice freezes and the pc shuts down as well and once is just the picture freezes on the screen.
I have run today a graphics card stability test around 1 hour but no problems where detected.
I had a problem with my brand new LG DVD drive I have used only 5 times but when I put a DVD in it just freezes the whole system so this is the reason why I have disconnected it from my PC.But the problem still remains the same.

Last edited:
Yes I did with Windows Memory diagnostic tool and I have used Memtest as well..no errors

How many sticks of RAM do you have? Could you run the computer with only one installed at a time to see if it still happens? What vid card do you have? Is there on-board that you could take the vid card out and test just the on-board? When did this start? Can you do a system restore?

As stated before, what hardware have you added?

I have 4x1 GB.2 matched pair.I had a memory error about 6 months ago in one of my memory modules but I have ordered a new matched pair to replace both and now is ok running with no errors.My video card is MSI Geforce 8800 Ultra.My mobo has got no integrated graphics.This started about 2 weeks ago and I have formatted my hdd and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate on but is still the same...

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

No hardware had been added..

When do you most commonly experience the issue? Does it happen at random or only when you're playing a game or doing something else that stresses the hardware?

It happens anytime when I streess the pc and always when I try to play any games(Battlefield 3,Fifa 2012,Call of Duty MW3).Sometimes just a couple of seconds,sometimes can be 5 min as well or it ends up with a reset...

Back
Top Bottom