Wiping Everything

Dangerouz123

Baseband Member
Hi, is there a way that i can wipe off everything on my laptop except Windows XP, my laptop is acting weird, it would freeze up alot of the time and take AGES to loadup a website while im surfing the net....basically i want to wipe off everything on the laptop except for Windows XP, and hope that it will fix the problem

Put the WinXP cd in the disk drive. Make sure your bios has the boot order with the CDRom before the HDD. It will ask if you want to boot from the CD press a key.
Press a key. It will format your HDD and re install Windows XP.

I would recommend finding out what graphic card you have along with sound drivers and such. Because those will need to be installed afterwards.

This may sound hard. But it's really not.
Most of the people here will gladly walk you through it step by step.

problem is, my laptop didnt come with a OS disk... the first time i turned it on it brought me to the windows Activation part, where i had to look under the buttom of my laptop to get the Activation Key for windows.. :S

problem is, my laptop didnt come with a OS disk... the first time i turned it on it brought me to the windows Activation part, where i had to look under the buttom of my laptop to get the Activation Key for windows.. :S

You must have an OS disk from a different computer.

If not, I'm sure a friend does. Use the product key on your laptop, and It'll work.

Back
Top Bottom