winXP unattended installation prob...

ed_ebs

Solid State Member
could anyOne help me please,
I am trying to installing a winXP using a bootdisk for unattended installation. I made a bootdisk, copied winnt.sif and winnt.bat to floppy and edited the autoexec.bat to call the winnt.bat but it doesnt work, it just appeared "The program cannot be run on DOS mode".

Did i lack something...?

in a situation like this...you have to look at all facets of the problem...how old is your hard drive?...it may be damaged and old...it's situations like this that I reccomend constant backup of files and folders...because, i reccoment to completely format your hard drive and reinstall windows over repairing the installation...because, problems like this are bound to arise again...also...windows boot disks are very fragile so i reccomend going to a boot disk site and remaking the boot disks...one last thing, make sure that your windows disk isn't scratched

tanx goldfreak, it may help... but i think am just lacking something, what i mean is that its not a
usual installation of XP. i tried to use an answer file created by setupmgr for "unattended" installation.
the only thing is how could i use the answer file..
any idea? ty

im done, making PC up now...
am testing other PC now.

- this is my first tym to enter a net forum
- and it finds me interesting c",)

tanx to all.

Back
Top Bottom