WinXP Formating Problem, PLEASE HELP ME

punkd69

Solid State Member
hey dudes, im new here and i got this huge problem. my computer is running damn slow. i have 5 differnt trojan/spyware/adware/dialers/etc removers, kaspersky anti virus and its definitly not them which is slow my computer. so after a while of not being able to solve this slow problem i decided to format my xp, i put in my boot xp cd, when i press enter to start comp from boot CD it was soooo slow to load, by the time i got to the menu (install windows, repair) 15 minutes past and i tried this step 3 times, so i press ENTER for format after a few minutes it said its unable to becuase of corrupt hardware or something like that and then in the bottom said this: *** STOP: 0x0000007F 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
i dont know wht to do, i tried system restore and it doest work :S. and also just to turn on or restart computer it takes 15 minutes. please any one who can tell me how to fix this it wud b great!

motherboard: some msi thing
gfx card: MSI FX5600TX

also: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
2GHz
512MB of RAM

wht recovery cd? and no i dont think i have that... and i told u when itry to format ig et hte problem, i run a system diagnosis, i run hard drive diagnosis, i run ram diganosis or whtever u call that all 3 found no errors, i really dont know wht happend, when i got the stop error it said i have problems with the hard ware or with new software i jsut installed, i dleted all new software i installed in the past days, wht hard ware cud make this problem?

Virusssssssss

Sounds Like a Virus
Perhaps a bios virus
Open your computer look near your battery
Usually there is a jumper very close by which zeros your bios and sets it back to its default state.
Or you can just remove the battery and short the terminals together CAREFULLY for about 20 seconds.
Most pentiums are set to boot from a cd but not all-Enter the bios and find the area which indicates boot. Set it to boot from the cd first.
Most bios auto detect your basic hardware now.
Then try to boot your windows cd.
Reformat your drive-I prefer 32 bit mode for a variety of reasons.
Then reinstall XP

i cant open my comp, way 2 much work. and its not a virus, i checked it with MANY types of anti virus and spyware/adware etc removers.

my problem is that i cant reformat it :S is there a way to fix this? maybe buy a new hard ware or something?

maybe you just have a lot of useless info on your computer and thats what slowing it down check how much space you got on your computer

belive me, its not it but i solved it, i took out all external hardware, i updated all my hardawares and it works now, now im gonna format it and hope it doesnt happen again. thx alot guys

Back
Top Bottom