WinXP BootScreen loads... then Monitor goes blank/standbyes

rocket1406

In Runtime
My friend says that after he networked his computer in his house, now the computer does the Windows XP Boot Screen (Blue loading bar) but when it's time for Windows to show up, the monitor becomes BLACK/Green Light Turns Yellow/Standbyes.

What could the problem be? I just reformatted his computer for him a few days ago...

Its probably the video card just like john123 said. Make sure you have the correct drivers etc.. for it.

um... so should I try to run it in Safe Mode or something? so that I can install drivers?

Will Safe Mode work?

When this happens it is a sign of a hardware fault. It's not necessarily the video card. You say he just networked his pc. Did he install a network card to do this?? If so then try booting without the network card present. If this isn't the case then the only thing to do it to remove all cards except the video card and see if it boots. If it does then it's just a case of replacing the cards until you find the culprit. If it doesn't then try taking the video card out and reseating it.

If still no joy then check all cables are connected properly.

Does he get any beeps when booting???

He called me.

He said it works in 16-bit mode, not 32-bit mode colors.

Video driver update needed?

Back
Top Bottom