Windoze security centre

Washington

In Runtime
Hi everybody,

Is there any way of turning this security centre off? Everytime I boot my pc it pops up with 'automatic updates are turned off' or 'no firewall turned on' or 'your antivirus may be out of date' or 'you forgot to pick up your clothes from the dry cleaners'

Now I turned off automatic updates as Sygate kept jumping up and down every few minuted alerting me that svchost wanted to connect to the internet. I am quite capable of doing the updates myself whenever I feel the need and once I turn it off I don't need to be reminded every single time I boot up. Same for the firewall thing. Since I ran spybot and cleared a few items the security centre doesn't recognise that it is turned on. Well it is as it is in my system tray right next to the security centre icon!

Is there a way of turning the damn thing off??? I tried google with no success...

Thanks

Interesting... if I were you, I would just leave it on. Life is much easier that way. Microsoft doesn't really give you many options with sp2, as in turning off the security center. Other than putting up with it popping up and the like, I'm sorry, but I just don't see a way. I have my windows firewall turned off and nothing pops up. I have zonealarm security suite. Just disable it. Go to control panel, security center, and just turn off automatic updates, if you really want to, that is. Then go to windows firewall and turn that off. You shouldn't get any pop ups... I'm not...

It's not that I want to turn the firewall off, it's that the security centre doesn't recognise the fact that its on and therefore pops up to warn me.

Automatic updates was turned off as Sygate was popping up every two minutes to warn me that windows wanted to connect to the internet. Now I've turned it off it only wants to connect about every ten minutes.....

It's no big deal, I just find it a bit annoying that for the first few minutes of booting up I get these speech balloons alerting me to things that are incorrect or things I already know.

It's a good thing for people who are new to computers, but there should be an option to turn the alerts off for those who know what they are doing.

Thanks for the help anyway. Looks like I'll just have to put up with it.

Back
Top Bottom