Windoze 7 not seeing second drive

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I've hit a small snag. The second drive is visable in the bios but not in W7.
Any ideas?

What drive letter is it trying to assign? Sometimes if there are several different drives, then Windows tries to install the same letter to more than one. When that happens, it obviously doesn't work and you can change one of them to a different letter and they both should work. I've seen this mostly with card readers that have 5 or 6 different ports. I know your build thread mentioned one, but not sure if you installed it yet or not.

Just in case - right-click Computer>Manage>under Storage-Disk Management. On the bottom half of the window will be all the drives and you can check to see if two are showing up with the same drive letter. Right-click on one and hit Change Drive Letter and Paths.

I'd say you'll want to change something other than the Hard Drive if this is the case. If this isn't the problem...well then I have no idea and just wasted a bunch of your time and mine...:lol:

DHO! I forgot the drive came as blank as my ex's daughter's brain. Went to disk management and got it formatted and online.
Drive to drive copy's are so fast you take your finger off the enter key and it's practiclly done. And this is 5 gig files. I'm impressed. The copy window shows it's doing something but doesn't show how long it will take. By the time you read all the text on it, it's closed and done.

Good call on those drives kitty.

Back
Top Bottom