windows xp or windows vista?

but your FPS (frames per second) will probably plummet with Vista.

Not true. My FPS has stayed the same in Vista. Yes, I do have a better rig than most people, but if that were true, it would be so on all computers.

Is that a PCI-express video card? It sounds vaguely familiar. That can be easily upgraded though, but the video card doesn't seem that bad.

TBH i follow a few simple rules wen it comes to vista,

dont use single core CPU's with vista,

dont use less than 1Gb RAM with vista,

and if you follow them you should be ok and as you can see your computer doesnt meet "my reccomended spec" so i wouldnt upgrade just yet.

DISCLAIMER: Above statements are not facts they are opinions & reccomendations and if you dont like em 'eat my vista' :D

Even with 1GB RAM, I still had Vista running slow. My friend is the same way, he's going to be changing that soon though. He doesn't game, so its not a really big deal for him. DDR2 RAM isn't all that expensive nowadays anyway, with DDR 3 out, which will eventually be the standard.

o yeah im not saying vista will run really good on 1Gb RAM it doesnt run perfect on 2Gb RAM they are jus my minimum specs

When I got my computer I only had a gig of ram and I ran vista great. I don't think I would go back to xp unless I absolutely had to. I've grown partial to my vista baby. I complained until I turned off UAC.

No more complaints here

well ill also be playing games on it like first person shooters.
vista would eat up that 1gb ram easily, so there wouldnt be a great deal left for a game, especially the newer ones. you'll get a much better gaming experience on xp with that system. when dx10 becomes more mainstream and 2gb+ of ram is the standard then ill say ditch xp

Back
Top Bottom