Windows XP vs Windows Sv. 2003

It's a very good question, but it's a little difficult to answer without a little information on what you want to use it for.
For a home OS obviously windows XP.
since W2k3 isn't a home OS (it's a server OS)
for a server OS obviously windows 2k3
since windowsXP isn't a sever OS (it's a home OS)
it's when you want a home OS running services that the border gets a little greyed. what you have to decide is what side of the line you want to sit.

Hmm... it is a good question. It would probably be impractical to use Windows 2003 as a Home OS; but I'm sure its possible...

I see in the internet that they say windows server 2003 could turn into a workstation .. and i heard that this OS is fast ..

compatibility is very good, the only problems I have whilst trying to use my 2k3 server as a regular home browser is the security. Microsoft finally got this right and this server is locked down from the word go. If you wanted to use this as a home OS then you'd either be annoyed by this security, or you'd just take it off, then you'd be getting rid of one of it's strongest features!

Yeah; can't imagine it would be very useable. However, if thats what you want then its brilliant. Want the security and are prepared to go through the problems then it would be great.

Back
Top Bottom