windows xp question

Penguin0011

Baseband Member
hi, i have installed a copy of windows xp on my computer and was wondering if you could use the same copy on a different computer. I know it installs and everything cuz i already installed it but i get this message saying i need to activate it within 30 days. can you activate the same copy twice?

Technically you need a CD key for every computer it is installed on. Microsoft started using anti-piracy religiously in Windows XP with the activation process. The only other way is to go through Volume Licensing, but that is expensive and you still have to buy per computer (also reserved for organizations I believe). So you will be going against Microsoft's EULA (End User License Agreement)

well what happens at the end of the 30 period if you don't activate? do they try to charge you or something?

well what happens at the end of the 30 period if you don't activate? do they try to charge you or something?

Nope, it just won't do anything without an activation key properly obtained from Microsoft. That is how they compare the CD key to the hardware in your computer.

we built the computer and it works with the xp but what if we never activate it will something go wrong at the end of the 30 days?

Nothing will go wrong, you just won't be able to login until it's activated. Meaning you wont be able to use you comp until you do so. :D

You really need to check your PMs.

Back
Top Bottom