windows xp or mac os

For those that are more familiar, it's really hard to go to Mac's, even thought the mac mini is pretty cheap, quiet, and cool. It's a nice addition to the mac system. But yeah, xp all the way. It's what 90% of the world uses... lol.. but if you wanna be different use linux. Xp still isn't the best though... a couple things that mac and linux excell at: better application management. Xp sucks at that... seriously... mac and linux does it well. Then there's quick views of open windows. Get more than 7-8 windows in that small bar and you make mistakes picking them out... then there's 3d accerleration spanning multiple monitors... in windows if you wanna play, say, warcraft 3 on dual monitors and have half the game on one screen and the other one on the other half, you can't do it. But in mac's you can, and linix and is coming along. Also, there's easy-to-use standardized scripting, where a computer automates repititve tasks...mac and linux does it a lot better than windows. Lastly, there's comprehensive permissions enforcement. With xp, a limited user account can basically do squat... you can barely change your background. Linux does a much better job handling mulitlple user accounts, along with macs. Hopefully, these additions will be present in longhorn... anyone think this was helpful... props baby! lol... I spent some time on this....

STeven159159 said:
i wanna format my harddrive and get mac os

can't do that unless you actually have a mac
I'm assuming you have a pc, if so, then you're stuck with either windows or linux

If you're a gamer, you're pretty much limited to Windows.

But if like me, you don't play games on the PC or other things, like video-editing, then you might wanna try Linux. You might also wanna give it a go if you don't have a lot to spend on your PC, and software for it.

If you are a gamer. Linux is starting to get into gaming.
EDIT-Besides, Mac dosent have the Direct X 9, that is used for gaming.

I would once be reawlly critical about my decision and go straight for Windows XP, yet after hearing a bit about Apples latest OS, I can safely say, it depends what you were brought up with.

The Apple OS does come with quite good programs, and features, though Windows wins in alot of areas too.

If your first system was an Apple, you'd be more inclined to them. If your first system was Windows (mine), you'd be more inclined towards the other.

I still have to say Windows though for me, since it allows you open to alot more opportunities, stabler or not.

Longhorn will be the new one for example from Microsoft, and will use a Direct 3d interface rather than the one used now allowing for a better look, and more interactivity, so we'll have to wait until then really since even though Apple has brought out a new one
(the old one was XP's version for Apple, so the competition hasn't really started yet until 06)

Not neccesarily do you NEED to have a mac to run OSX, just need to know the right people and preferably have a CPU that has SSE3 instructions.

Back
Top Bottom