Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Send a message via ICQ to omarmakki Send a message via AIM to omarmakki Send a message via MSN to omarmakki Send a message via Yahoo to omarmakki
Default Windows XP loading problem... URGENT!!!!

have got a new PC with a 3.2 GHz processor which I think is really enough to operate Windows XP quickly. My PC was working really quickly until suddenly the windows' loading started taking so much time about 20 seconds or something while it used to take only 3 seconds!!! I reformatted my drive and re-installed Windows XP again and it was working well and then suddenly the same problem happened again. I tried reinstalling windows again but the problem showed from the beginning. I dont know what is wrong is it a hardware or software problem. I even tried installing a differenet copy of Windows but there was no progress. Especially that the Windows works prefectly after the loading and I also have Windows 98 SE installed which works perfectly too. Can u help me PLEASE!!!

omarmakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:04 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: Windows XP loading problem... URGENT!!!!

uhhh... never heard of this problem, UNLESS ur masslivly downloading off kazaa or p2p networks where they send u virus, ect.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:24 AM   #3
In Runtime

If you are hooked up to the internet, especially with broadband and do not have protection in place an unpatched version of windows xp is vulnerable in 20 minutes from trojan worms, hackers and more. i did not make this up it comes from cnn. Virus program,spyware blocking,A firewall are all essential now.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Ideally you'd want a copy of SP1 if its not with your XP Install, and a copy of SP2. Then install them both before you install the internet. That way you have practically every update for Windows there is available; and it won't take too long to install the rest with a quite trip to Windows Update.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
Solid State Member

Send a message via ICQ to omarmakki Send a message via AIM to omarmakki Send a message via MSN to omarmakki Send a message via Yahoo to omarmakki

I was using SP2 and McAfee Virusscan and Personal Firewall Plus, I also used Ad-aware SE pro and spybot search and destroy... I think that this is enough protection
Old 10-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #6
BSOD

yeah, that seems like enough...lol
Sry, i dont know what could be causing the problem......
FuRgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #7
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Hmmm... self-built PC or Manufacturer Sold?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Solid State Member

I have the same problem with a manufacturer built machine.

I do have a PDA attached which starts to syncronize as soon as the machine is switched on which I am sure slows it down. But this has happened on earlier occassions before I got the PDA
kniouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:46 AM   #9
Solid State Member

Thanks guys, I fixed it... I opened it and I tightened my hardware again (I mean installed tightly to the mother board), the processor, hard disk and cards all that stuff and I got it working again. thanks guys for ur help
Old 10-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx

who manufactuered it??? if its HP or compaq or dell that explains it. they put too much junk on thier systems. and those "restore" discs they give you just install all that junk back on, thats all they are for. also if the system gets too hot it will tend to act up alot and cuase lockups and shutdowns. be sure to get proper cooling.

athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote