Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Beta Member

Angry Windows XP help

I got some spyware attached to my windows xp files and Cant get them off so I decided to uninstall windows xp but can't. The control pannel does't offer it so I went onto microsoft's website to get the comand prompts. well when I tried to uninstall it that way It said that I couldn't uninstall it because it couldn't find the registration So I go back and find propmpts that would restore that file but I can't get that to work either...........

I really need help and have no idea what to do now. I am not computer savy so if you have any help for me please type slow for me

princssangl0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kjman87
Default Re: Windows XP help

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssangl0204
I got some spyware attached to my windows xp files and Cant get them off so I decided to uninstall windows xp but can't. The control pannel does't offer it so I went onto microsoft's website to get the comand prompts. well when I tried to uninstall it that way It said that I couldn't uninstall it because it couldn't find the registration So I go back and find propmpts that would restore that file but I can't get that to work either...........

I really need help and have no idea what to do now. I am not computer savy so if you have any help for me please type slow for me

if you have the CD, you can put that in your CD drive, reboot, boot from cd (i forget the key buts its like f8 or something) then it will ask you to fix/reformat. Now that is really up to you...if you reformate you loose everything but "fixing" it wont necessarly get rid of your spyware.

Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod
Default Re: Windows XP help

How to do a proper Format and Reinstall of windows XP (by Lamb of God)

1. Power on your PC and Insert the XP CD
2. Set your boot order in BIOS to CD-ROM first (Usually Del or F1 or F2 to get into BIOS)
3. When you see the press any key screen *uhh press any key  *

4. Files will start to load from the CD to begin the installation. Eventually you’ll be asked if you want to install Windows XP. No need to type an essay here on why you’ve made the decision to do the installation. Just hit Enter.

5. Next is the End User License Agreement Press F8 to accept

6. The next screen displays the available partitions where XP can be installed. Select the one you want and tap that Enter key again to move on to the screen where you select a file system.

7. It’s time for that important decision. FAT32 versus NTFS. The preferred choice is NTFS. It allows Security features and stability that aren’t possible with FAT32. You will most likely want to stick with NTFS.

8. Setup continues and eventually the computer will reboot. Watch the onscreen prompts but do not press a key when the “Press any key to boot CD” message appears.

9. Installation will continue, prompting you from time to time to supply some additional setup information. Feed the prompts with appropriate responses and eventually another reboot will occur, this time bringing you back into Windows XP, depositing you at the Windows Activation screen.

10. You can either activate your copy of XP now or delay the activation for up to 30 days, after 30 days you get denied access to the desktop.

11. The last step is to enter a username and watch the XP desktop appear, ready for use. And Bam your good to go.

Good Luck, LambofGod
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote