Windows XP Freeze During Reformat

buzz5599

Beta member
I attempted to reformat my girlfriends computer with Window's XP Professional according to the information I collected from the internet. I was instructed to simply pop in the disk and it would run itself, and it did. I selected to completely re-install Windows and it started installing itself then the screen went black and it froze. I turned the computer off and back on and it gave me the message that the install was going to continue once I turned it back on...then it froze again. I would like to start again, but each time I reboot it continues to try to finish the install then freezes. How do I get it to stop installing and start over. Her computer has been down a week and I feel like a tool!

Lol just cause of a slite glitch it won't eactly affect her views on you :)
But that is besides the point, first we need details about your computer. How fast is it? And is it second hard drive because if it was ... nvm.

First off. what disc are you using?
Is this a microsoft xp pro original installation disc? or is it a manufacturer's reformat disc?

I don't have the specifics of her computer here...Its speed is 800 mhz, 128 ram, shes 36 and cute and has a cam and is not shy and would be very appreciative to the person that helps us out :). It is not the manufacturers recovery disk, it is a Windows XP Professional, with code.

Hmm ... i'm guessing that its much too slow
800mHz is very much ... hardly anythign compared to todays standards which are roughly about 2.66 gHz, which is what xp was designed for. So i am thinking that that is your problem.

Ok...that's ok, her ex gave it to her for an xmas present for her daughter....rebuilt and XP installed on it and has never worked well from the get go, I am guessing windows ME was on it before and I will put ME back on it as I have a copy...but how do I get it to stop trying to install XP....that is the whole issue...as soon as we boot up it automatically starts trying to continue the XP install...I beat on F8 frantically but whatever selection I make it starts the installation again.

Back
Top Bottom