Windows XP Constantly Reboots!

tomirlik

In Runtime
I've just upgraded my system's CPU, Mobo, and RAM. Just as well, I've installed a new hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP MCE. My drivers for my video card (ATI at the moment until I replace my defective Geforce 8800) and soundcard are already installed. However, i noticed that I have gotten many errors from both my sound device (Realtec) and Windows itself.
After I installed Creative labs drivers for my headset and Firefox, I noticed that my computer often reboots without warning! After it boots, there's one of those friendly "Sorry for the inconvenience" messages.

But now, Windows can no longer boot and is stuck in an endless loop of rebooting as soon as the Windows loading bar disappears (welcome screen doesn't show). This occurs regardless of starting in normal, previous settings, or safe mode.

So...any way to possible fix this given that I cannot boot Windows successfully? Thanks.

Have you tested the memory? If you have multiple sticks, try running one at a time. You could also download a software tool to test the memory called Memtest86+

Is your power supply up to the task? Many times, a underpowered or failing PSU can cause problems at start up.

Have you tested the memory? If you have multiple sticks, try running one at a time. You could also download a software tool to test the memory called Memtest86+

Is your power supply up to the task? Many times, a underpowered or failing PSU can cause problems at start up.

My PSU is 600w and made for Core 2 and SLI, so I don't think thats the problem.

2nd, when I was still able to boot, the system recognizes 4Gig of RAM and so does the task manager.

What brand of power supply is it? If you have another knowned good PSU available, it would be a good idea to give it a shot.

Even though the memory is recognized by both the BIOS and OS, that doesn't rule out it having a bad sector.

What brand of power supply is it? If you have another knowned good PSU available, it would be a good idea to give it a shot.

Even though the memory is recognized by both the BIOS and OS, that doesn't rule out it having a bad sector.

It's an Ultra Xfinity ATX ULT31848 600watt PSU with DR.

Back
Top Bottom