Windows XP

Zanarias

Solid State Member
Can you install windows XP from one cd on as many computers as you want? Or is it limited to one install per CD?

umm I think there is a limit, but I used mine at least 15 times lol, but when you try to register it will say something I forget, but all you need to do is call the Toll free number and give them the code that comes up. They will say something like, Why are you reinstalling Windows, or something like that, just say I got a virus and needed to re-format the harddrive.

Hope that helps!!

Let us know how it worked out.

One OS, one pc at the same time is the normal. You can use the disk multiple times to install on different computers but only one pc at the same time (legally).

I do believe Microsoft allowed a desktop and a laptop at one stage from the same disk but I am unclear as to the status of this now.

Can they actual detect if its installed on multiple computers, or do they not care.

they can detect it but they wont do anything except not let you activate it on a second computer, but u can just call them then.

Try it again, dont waste your money on a new CD when Vista is coming out. Install it and tell us what happens.

Back
Top Bottom