windows won't start

Does it show that there are any IRQ conflicts? Is there ANYTHING in Device Manager not properly installed? Keep us informed.

well, where exactly is the actual device manager? I know you can look at some individual devices in the control panel but i'm assuming the device manager lists them all...

Go into Windows (with your situation, safe mode).
Right click My Computer, click Manage.
Click Device Manager on the Left Side.

Check for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark. Particular devices to check for are keyboard, mouse, and any USB device. Let me know what you find.

This problem is definietly unheard of... Well, I've never encountered it.
Lets hope something in the device manager will show.

This sounds like some driver conflicting, go into safe mode and uninstall everything that was put on when you run the disc,then try booting up, if that fails go into safe mode and try system restore again but go back say at least a month, if that fails then put you windows CD and do a repair install, that should fix it,

I bet it is USB. I am wondering if by any chance there is some conflict between the USB channels. Maybe something that was on that port wasn't uninstalled properly. I am waiting to see what device manager shows.

there's a yellow exclamation point on my multimedia controller. i'll try unplugging it and booting up windows.
and yes it's a usb plug in.

edit: i searched for a driver for the joystick (it's a saitek st90) and apparently they don't even make a driver for it because it doesn't need one as they say. i think i'm just going to totally uninstall it through the device manager and see what happens. if that doesn't work i guess i'll try popping in the windows xp disk and try to repair it.

thats what happens when i boot of windows with my external harddrive plugged in (read my signiture)

hey that reminds me about the boot order.

cdst4302, Go into your BIOS and check the boot sequence. You can do this by pressing F2 or Del once your computer turns on, until you get the BIOS. Then using the arrow keys, navigate to the BOOT page. Once there you should find boot device priority or something similar. There you should find a list of things such as Hardrive, CD-ROM, Removable Devices etc. Make sure your hard drive device(s) are the first of this list. Also I would recommend removing the rest of the items from that list.

Back
Top Bottom