Windows Welcome WIndow help

Elsom

Baseband Member
When I boot my computer up it goes to a password and login name. Was wondering how can I make my computer just load up all the way to the desktop screen instead of having to press the ok button. I have windows XP Pro

what's the difference in windows xp pro and windows xp pro 64.

go to control panel, user accounts, change the way users log on and off. make sure only the top box is ticked. this will only load you on automatically if theres no password on the account.
oh and xp pro 64 is for 64 bit processors.

I did what you said now the welcome screen shoes with me having to click on the profile to log in

I know how to do it! I asked this same question a long time ago.
Download this: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
Its Microsoft XP PowerToy called 'TweakUI'. It will do exactly what you want. Now since I'm in Vista i'll have to tell you this by memory.
OK I found a little picture on Google that should tell you how to do this.

So basically you are trying to do an auto-logon?
tweakui-login.png

Have fun! ;)

As for XP Pro x86 & x64, you need a 64-bit CPU for that.
I heard its better to have a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit CPU. That doesn't make very much sense though...

I heard its better to have a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit CPU. That doesn't make very much sense though...
Where have yo read that mate, your not taking full advantage of the processor that way or the extra RAM you can use. Only problems you might have are driver related.

TweakUI is a great little program, so use that like drumthrasher suggested above:)

Another way you can do this is goto Start > Run and type: control userpasswords2
then click ok, then there should be a dailog box appear on this box near the top there will be a box checked saying all users must enter a user name and password to use this computer - uncheck this box and click ok, you may be prompted to enter the username you want wndows to logon and enter the accounts password.

yea tweakui will work but its a bit of a hassle lol. my method usually works for me.

Back
Top Bottom