Windows Vista: Slowly killing my patience

knserbrave

Beta member
Ok, so here is my problem. I play a game called World of Warcraft. I am sure that all or close to all of you have heard of the game. I have never had many problems with the game until recently.
A couple days ago I downloaded a program called teamspeak so that I could talk to my close friends that play with me. It turns out that my teamspeak application was completely unable to access the internet in anyway. I gave up on that problem soon after trying to figure it out :mad: .
The teamspeak issue didn't bother me too much until it started affecting World of Warcraft as well. Then it pissed me off. For some reason after I installed the new patch WoW-2.4.2-to-2.4.3 I was completely unable to connect to the internet through my WoW program. I think however that it wasn't the patch that kept me from accessing the internet. I think somehow that Vista is responsible for this. Windows update seems to always crash my computer and ruin programs.
The reason I know that World of Warcraft is unable to connect is because when I use the repair feature it says "unable to contact server". Anything I try fails. I can't even download the latest update using the Blizzard dowloader. I have to use www.filefront.com.

P.S- I've also had this problem with ventrilo. Trying to create my own server is hell. I cannot figure it out. I've tried forwarding ports. I've turned of my routers firewill and also windows firewall. Nothing seems to work. My last resort will be to format my computer all together. I really do not want to do that though. Can you please help me? I would really appreciate it.

I have xp and have never had this problem thus far with wowcraft. Have you set a restore point before you patched recently?

Back
Top Bottom