Windows Vista screenshots

malbuc87uk said:
If you look at the old Whistler Beta (WinXP), you'll see the interface changed between then and the final release.

What I'm trying to say is, those of you who say it looks like XP, that could still change. (I hope it does, I agree it looks too much like XP, what happened to that 1337 sidebar with the clock on it?)

Have you got a link for the pictures, they would be good lol

TRDCorolla said:
They got rid of it in one of the Longhorn betas, but I thought they were bringing them back for the final version.

I don't really like the sidebar because it takes up useful space on the Desktop. I like Windows open big which is why I am loving my widescreen laptop monitor. Have you guys ever used one? I can view most websites maximized and still have space for sidebar or another open window next to it without too much obstruction.
Haha, very nice :D Width is always a problem with Monitors, we naturally see a lot of width and not much height; so that's what we expect. Must be why so many people want Dual Monitors with little bevel so it looks like one!

malbuc87uk said:
If you look at the old Whistler Beta (WinXP), you'll see the interface changed between then and the final release.

What I'm trying to say is, those of you who say it looks like XP, that could still change. (I hope it does, I agree it looks too much like XP, what happened to that 1337 sidebar with the clock on it?)
How much do Windows Versions really change visually, over the course of even five years? From Windows 95 to Me, nothing changed, in about seven years! Visually at least, in both the NT and Consumer Versions. In the five years since XP... you can't expect much, and I would argue at least, that the changes in Vista over XP visually are actually just as revolutionary as 2000 to XP. Transparent Toolbars? Crazy Effects on Windows? Even Video shows up as it should, behind the transparent Toolbars! It is all quite amazing, and all quite new and fancy. They have made it Windows, it will and should always look and feel like that, but they have made it look nicer as Windows :D

Back
Top Bottom