Windows Vista Question

inbrino

Baseband Member
Hi guys. I was just wondering what everybodys views on the upcoming Windows Vista was. Also, is a public beta out yet? Or a way to get hold of a copy? If so where and how can I get it?

Ive seen specs for what vista requires and think my laptop meets that. I got 1.6 amd turion, 512 ram etc. Anyway, Im getting confused by display specs. Do you need a really good lcd screen or something? Will laptops be able to handle it?

Soz if this post sounds rly stupid.

Any opinions and answers would be much appreciated

Vista will be really nice. It'll need a lot of video memory though. You should be able to run it. A public beta for .net developers... yeha...

Really 512 ram will run it, i thought i saw some posts about how you will need 2gb's of ram...I think yo might want atleast 1gb for Vista mite be slow with 512

im going to stick with xp. i don't need vista for a while. there's really no new features i can benefit from

I also heard that SP3 will launch a few months after Vista's release, which is well, awesome. Of course we will eventually upgrade to Vista, since eventually, games are not going to be compatible with XP (which is a poor choice by Microsoft, IMO), Halo II being the first.

However, I really doubt I'm going to upgrade for a few years if it isnt compatible with DaemonTools... I live for that application.

Daemon Tools is a program that allows you to run a virtual drive recognizable to Windows, meaning you could run an .ISO directly off you're hard drive, while your computer would recognize the image file as a cd or dvd-rom, thus allowing you to play downloaded games and also allowing you to play discs you have purchased without having to insert the game into your drive, instead having the entire image stored on your harddrive.

It's one of those programs that is legal to install, but the legality changes depending how you use the application.

anyone know how vista will run on a 3200, 1gb of ram, and geforce 6600? i'll probly add another 1 gig stick when i upgrade to vista...if i upgrade to vista....how would my games play? slower than xp? faster? will this card support direct x 10?

Conspirate said:
I also heard that SP3 will launch a few months after Vista's release, which is well, awesome. Of course we will eventually upgrade to Vista, since eventually, games are not going to be compatible with XP (which is a poor choice by Microsoft, IMO), Halo II being the first.

However, I really doubt I'm going to upgrade for a few years if it isnt compatible with DaemonTools... I live for that application.

Actually games will be compatible with XP for a looong time. Most games still play on Windows 98 or Windows ME. And those...are old. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom