Windows Vista

Yeah, isn't that neat? I never thought I could have access to software like that, let alone being free downloads or have them deliver it with just the cost of shipping and handling. Vista is scheduled to come out like the second half of next year. I hope by that time, it will be available on MSDN too. Well, I'm sure it will be. I went to a junior college before and there were discounts like I could get Office 2003 pro for like $89.99 which was still dirt cheap compared to the retail version. Windows XP pro was like $49.99 upgrade which was nice too, but those I still have to pay unlike here at the MSDN site.

I'll bet a lot of those get boot legged and put over p2p networks. This is where security is breached probably because people are making copies of these software and distributing them. Power to the people...........

Im surprised its not listed in MSDN. My company subscribes to MSDN ... we receive monthly packages from Microsoft with bundles of software and updates for the software. September's package included Longhorn Professional Beta 2 (Vista build 5112). Unfortunately, the key listed for Vista/Longhorn on our list of keys refuses to work with the cd. I was forced to use a key from online ... at least I have an opportunity to play with it on my laptop for 14 days. I've tried talking with Microsoft about it, but they're being we-tawds claiming the key is a valid key. "Might just be, but it ain't working with the cd you sent us!!!" #$%@$#@@#@#!!!!

I can get almost the same stuff as Corolla through my Uni. Very nice, very nice indeed. But I bet they won't give us Vista though :(

I heard somewhere that Blackcomb wasn't due until 2010-12. But that could be wrong, seeing as Win 2000 came out in '99 and XP in late 2001. They're radically different, yet came so close together, so Blackcomb could, I guess, be out in 2008.

But let's get Vista out of the way first. It's best not to speculate, as Blackcomb sounds like another code name. But it apparently does have WinFS, whereas Vista supposedly doesn't.

Blackcomb, in any case, seems to be a server OS. But hopefully by then I'll be working in the IT industry, and I'll get to play with it :D

EDIT: some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Blackcomb
http://www.theosfiles.com/os_windows/ospg_blackcomb.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/windows-blackcomb

TRD, will you give your usernae and password for this?!? lol j/k

But seriously, I'm googling each night to get ahold of a free subscription

malbuc87uk said:
Bearing in mind that WinXP won't run on a machine with more than 4GB RAM, I can't see Vista being such a huge leap forward that it needs 5GB minimum :D

Actually, I've seen a machine with 8g's of ram that ran xp pro just fine. I'm serious too. I forget if xp recognized that much ram, but it ran incredibly fine.

xp 32 bit will only see maximum 2gbs of ram which isnt even needed. i know that the new g5 towers are capable of supporting 16 Gb's of DDR 2 ram

Back
Top Bottom