Windows Updating

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
Got a couple questions here. When updated drivers are found for your system (graphics card, NIC etc.) in the windows update website , does it retrieve these updates from the manufactures websites? Are they the same drivers or and do you think it is better to get the drivers directly from the manufactures website?

I always have believed it is better to get the drivers directly from the manufactures website.

I NEVER get them from windows updates anymore since the day I got a sound driver update from there and I lost sound altogether.

wrong section lol :p
i find the windows update ones are the proper drivers, but are out dated versions.

i think the ones from windows updates are not the recent ones but updates that you need in order for windows to keep using it properly. I got a random update once for my sound card but it showed as an older version than the one i updated from the manufacturer's website.

i think the ones from windows updates are not the recent ones but updates that you need in order for windows to keep using it properly. I got a random update once for my sound card but it showed as an older version than the one i updated from the manufacturer's website.

So the "update" from Windows Update was actually an older driver than the one already installed for your sound card? That kinda weird.

Back
Top Bottom