Windows Setup Keeps Going Back To The Start

ashpash21

In Runtime
When I install Windows XP on my spare computer it keeps going back to the start of the Windows XP Set-Up.
Just to let you know the computer is a Lenovo IBM Think Centre. 1.5GB RAM.

The Windows XP Set-Up starts fine, goes to the blue screen and go through the process, it formats the hard drive, copy's the files and then it says that its finished this part of the install and needs to reboot, I let it reboot and then it goes back to the windows setup page and asking me to press enter and format the hard drive and copy the files again. I have tried different hard drives a 40GB and 80GB Western Digital and a 160GB, Maxtor one.

I know it is not the install disc as I have used it many times before, and I have even tried installing 2000 and 95 on it.

Any ideas?

Good morning to you.

You're describing a software problem which should have been posted to the Software and Operating Systems forum for better assistance.

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this problem, but it would make sense to ask what's going on at the reboot phase, i.e. if you're clicking on something and what you're clicking on?

Good morning to you.

You're describing a software problem which should have been posted to the Software and Operating Systems forum for better assistance.

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this problem, but it would make sense to ask what's going on at the reboot phase, i.e. if you're clicking on something and what you're clicking on?

I thought this may have been a hardware problem, such as a faulty motherboard or disk drive, I also thought it could have been to do with the BIOS. I got this computer for free and they said that the hard drive had packed up. So I though that I would just put a different hard drive in. But still no luck.

Don't press enter. Let it run on it's own. When you hit enter it loops back to the beginning.

Got it sorted, just checked the 40GB hard drive and realises it had a jumper on it. Took it off and all seems to work well, just got to continue the installation now.

Back
Top Bottom