windows security alerts

rymort

In Runtime
what is with this annoying piece of rubbish

its in my task bar everytime i startup, i goto the option of how to remind me and i uncheck the firewall, auto updates and antivirus thing, then i click ok, but on my next start up there it is again? how i make this go away for good???

i have the antivirus and updates on but i dont like the firewall, and want this one off

There is a setting in Windows XP that automatically set certain parameters. There is also a way to turn it off. I am at work with this awesome Windows 95 computer of mine, so I will give you details when I get home.

It is something like...right click my computer, properties and then something about turn off automatic restore after reboot.

Does anyone know what I talking about? If not, I will update this thread when I get home.

You don't want the firewall? :D

On the Network Settings, right click your Internet Connection and go to Properties and Security - untick Firewall.

Then it will say you need a firewall - say that you have a Firewall and that you will check it yourself. That way it thinks you have one and it won't moan about it.

Back
Top Bottom